About the New York City Brownfield Partnership
The mission of the New York City Brownfield Partnership is to provide leadership to the brownfield community throughout New York City by:
- Serving as a primary resource for information on brownfields and brownfields redevelopment in New York City.
- Advancing public awareness and understanding of benefits, opportunities, and best practices of brownfield redevelopment.
- Promoting excellence in brownfield redevelopment by honoring successful brownfield projects.
- Supporting the education and training of brownfield professionals, workers, and students.
- Fostering collaborative relationships among brownfield developers, property owners, government agencies, and community groups.
Who We Are
The NYC Brownfield Partnership is a NYS incorporated nonprofit organization. We are composed of partner organizations
that include environmental consulting firms, environmental law organizations, environmental remediation contracting organizations, brownfield redevelopment organizations, and community-based organizations in New York City. Our Board of Directors
is committed to providing the leadership necessary to accomplish our goals.
What We Do / How We Can Help You
In collaboration with the New York City Office of Environmental Remediation (OER), we serve as a resource to help:
- NYC Community Members better understand brownfield issues in their communities, as well as the benefits, opportunities, and best practices of brownfield redevelopment;
- The NYC development community better understand and navigate the process of re-developing vacant and underutilized land with known or potential environmental issues;
- Brownfield students support their education and gain experience in the brownfield industry; and
- Brownfield workers and professionals form collaborative relationships with others interested in brownfields.